Harlan Kilstein’s Strawberry Coconut Cheesecake (Non-Dairy)
- Coconut Oil to grease the springform pan (9 inch)
- 1 cup raw unsalted pecans
- 1/2 cup Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil (add more if needed)
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 cup raw unsalted macadamia nuts (soaked for 6-12 hours)
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons birch xylitol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Shredded coconut
- Refrigerate a can of coconut milk overnight. Skim off the fat.
- 1 Tablespoon Xylitol
- 1/2 Vanilla Extract
- Coat the 9 inch Springform Pan with coconut oil
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper
- In a food processor, pulse the coconut, pecans, and coconut oil. You want a paste like consistency.
- Spread the crust in the pan. Press into shape. Now place it in the freezer to set.
- Soak the macadamias for 6-12 hours.
- Combine the macadamias, fresh sliced strawberries, coconut milk, xylitol, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and a salt in a Vitamix or high powered blender.
- Add the melted coconut oil and blend well.
- Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Pour into the crust.
- Freeze a minimum of 2 hours or until very firm.
- Using a hand mixer or immersion blender mix the cold coconut cream. Add the Xylitol and shredded coconut.
- You want this whipped up to look like whipped cream. If it’s too lose freeze it for 15 minutes and try again. If it’s too stiff, add a few tablespoons of the leftover coconut milk.
- Garnish with strawberries and shredded coconut.