Harlan Kilstein’s Strawberry Coconut Cheesecake (Non-Dairy)Print
- Coat the 9 inch Springform Pan with coconut oil
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper
- In a food processor, pulse the coconut, pecans, and coconut oil. You want a paste like consistency.
- Spread the crust in the pan. Press into shape. Now place it in the freezer to set.
- Soak the macadamias for 6-12 hours.
- Combine the macadamias, fresh sliced strawberries, coconut milk, xylitol, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and a salt in a Vitamix or high powered blender.
- Add the melted coconut oil and blend well.
- Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Pour into the crust.
- Freeze a minimum of 2 hours or until very firm.
- Using a hand mixer or immersion blender mix the cold coconut cream. Add the Xylitol and shredded coconut.
- You want this whipped up to look like whipped cream. If it’s too lose freeze it for 15 minutes and try again. If it’s too stiff, add a few tablespoons of the leftover coconut milk.
- Garnish with strawberries and shredded coconut.