Harlan Kilstein's Salmon With Chili Lime Sauce and Grill AsparagusPrint
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp smoky paprika
- 1/2 tsp za’atar
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1 tbs sweetener xylitol, swerve, etc
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 salmon fillets or steaks
Step One: Prepare the salmon
Rinse the salmon off and pat it dry. Set aside.
- Now preheat your broiler on high.
Step Two: Mix Ingredients
- Melt butter and mix in all ingredients. You might need to add an additional drop of water.
- Using a brush, apply the chili lime sauce to the salmon which should be in a pan.
Step Three: Broil
- Broil your salmon (on the second shelf) for 10 minutes and look at the salmon.
- Using a fork – check for your level of doneness. It may need another 5 minutes until it’s perfect.
Step Four: Brush additional sauce on before serving.
Step Five: Asparagus
- Wash and trim asparagus. Dip in melted butter, sprinkle with Himalayan sea salt and place on pan in the broiler on a middle shelf. 5 minutes tops. They cook quickly.
For that really special occasion…