Harlan Kilstein’s Ketorio CookiesPrint
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour super fine
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1.4 cups cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup grass fed butter 2 sticks
- 1/2 cup swerve or xylitol sweetener
- 1 1/2 cup lakanto sweetener
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 eggs large
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. expresso liquid
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup swerve confectioners
Step One: Preheat Oven to 325 degrees
Step Two: Mix Ingredients
- Mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt in a large bowl, and set aside
- Cream the butter, Swerve or Xylitol and Lakanto golden sugar.
- Add the egg & yolk. Then add the vanilla and the espresso.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Split the dough into two parts. Refrigerate for an hour or freeze it for a half hour.
Step Three: Shape Cookies
- Roll out the dough in between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Shape the cookies into two inch round cookies using these cookie cutters.
- You should get 32 cookies 0r (64 half cookies) out of this recipe.
- Scraps may need to be refrigerated again before rolling them out again.
- Place in refrigerator on un-greased cookie sheets or parchment paper and chill for 20 minutes.
- Bake for only 18-20 minutes. Do not over bake.
- The cookies should be perfect.
- Cool on a wire rack
Step Four: The Filling
- Mix together and chill.
- When chilled spread on cookie halves and make Ketoreos
You may have noticed I’m a big fan of Chicago Professional Baking Trays. These are excellent.