Harlan Kilstein’s Keto Jamaican Jerk ChickenPrint
- 1 medium/large onion chopped
- 3 scallions chopped extra fresh
- 2 chili peppers chopped WARNING – Do not touch your face or eyes without seriously washing your hands
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup wheat free Tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican Jerky spice ground
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 whole chickens cut up in 1/8’s
- Combine the onion, scallions, chili peppers, garlic, Jerk Spice, all spice, black pepper, nutmeg, thyme, and salt in your food processor.
- Keep processing until in turns into a semi-thick paste.
- While the machine is on, add the Tamari sauce and coconut oil.
- Pour the mixture into a large pyrex pan.
- Put the chicken in the pan and mix it up.
- Coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Fire up your grill.
- With the grill set on high, score the meat on the grill until those gorgeous lines appear.
- Immediately lower the grill to medium.
- Cook with the grill closed to keep the spice mixture sharp.
- Use your thermometer to make sure the chicken is done.
- Garnish with slices lemon or lime