Harlan Kilstein’s Keto Corned BeefPrint
Curing the Meat
- Find a large pot and put the meat in it.
- Add the distilled water, kosher salt, pink salt, and pickling spice and the cloves together. Stir well.
- Add the brisket to the curing solution and put in the refrigerator.
- Add the meat to the curing solution. If it floats put a plastic container filled with brine on top of it to force it down. Make sure to completely cover the meat with the brine. Leave it to cure in the pot for 7 days. Stir the solution once a day.
- When the meat is done it may be red, tan or even gray.
Cooking the Meat
- Dump out the brine. There are 3 ways to cook the corned beef.
- Simmer it in a pot. I hate this because the fat gets all over the pot. I hate cleaning it. If you want to do this, simmer for a half hour, dump out the water. Add fresh water and simmer for 3 hours.
Cook overnight in the oven. Follow the instructions to Harlan Kilstein’s Keto Overnight Brisket
Barbecue the meat. Follow the directions to Harlan Kilstein’s Perfect Keto Brisket (leave off the rub and sauce)
- Let cool before slicing.