Harlan Kilstein’s Completely Keto Tomato Pesto PiePrint
Ingredients for pie crust:
Pesto sauce: Blend all ingredients in blender and set aside
- 4-6 Tomatoes depending on size sliced thin
- Fresh ground pepper
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese and stir.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir again. Then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, basil , garlic, pepper and any other flavorings you choose and mix gently
- Place pie crust in between 2 (butter/oil) greased pieces of baking parchment/paper and place onto a rectangular shape large pie tray
- Use a rectangular pie tray at least 12 x 15 or larger
- Remove only top parchment paper after dough is in baking pan reaching all corners and edges and thickness is spread evenly, using your fingers to feel the doughs thickness on top of the paper
- Keep the bottom parchment paper under pie crust while baking
- Make fork holes all over the dough to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Bake at 425F for exactly 12 minutes or until golden
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Spread Pesto Sauce all over pie crust
- Slice tomatoes and place all around in whichever way you choose
- Sprinkle salt & pepper over the tomatoes and bake in oven between 5-10 minutes, depending how well done you like the tomatoes
- Please watch carefully as every oven varies in temperature
- Slice into small squares