Harlan Kilstein's Completely Keto Hot And Sour Soup
This recipe is Speed Keto approved.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated and sliced)
- 1/2 cup dried woodear mushrooms (rehydrated and sliced)
- 6 oz bamboo shoots canned
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup wheat free tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 tsp guar gum powder
- 1 lb shredded chicken
- green onions sliced for decoration / serving
Add the oil to a large pot over a medium high heat.
Add the ginger, garlic, green onions, mushrooms and bamboo shoots.
Cook for 1-2 minutes until tender.
Add the red pepper flakes, chicken broth, rice vinegar, tamari, pepper and salt.
Simmer for 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Stir the soup in a circular motion. Pour in the beaten eggs while continuing the stir.
Let simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
Add the guar gum following the package directions.
Stir and simmer until the soup is slightly thickened.
Stir in the shredded chicken and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
Ladle into bowls and top with sliced green onions.