Harlan Kilstein’s Completely Keto Homemade Birthday Strawberry ShortcakePrint
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a cake mixer combine the coconut flour, baking soda, eggs, butter, Lakanto and vanilla
- Grease two 9 inch round pans with butter
- Pour batter into both pans
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center
- All ovens vary in temperature so please check oven frequently from the outside door
- Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack before filling & frosting the cake
Filling & Frosting :
- In a mixer bowl, cream butter. Add Swerve confectioners sweetener, vanilla, salt, and enough Coconut milk or creamer to achieve a spreadable consistency. Until smooth and creamy.
- Spread frosting on top of one cake sheet in between the two cakes and lay thin slices of strawberries evenly.
- Place the other cake on top of the strawberries and frosting.
- Frost the outside of the cake, evenly all around. When the frosting is done, decorate the top with strawberry slices .
- Serve and enjoy