Harlan Kilstein’s Completely Keto Grilled VeggiesPrint
Ideas for different vegetable combinations:
Zucchini with whole garlic cloves:
- Zucchini sliced lengthwise
- Whole garlic cloves peel on
Eggplant with red pepper:
- Eggplant Sliced thin lengthwise
- Red peppers sliced in halves
- Asparagus on it’s own are full of flavor
Cubed vegetables on skewers:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Purple or regular onions cut up into small pieces
- Zucchini cut up into small squares
- Mushrooms either baby portabella or whatever is easy to find
- Optional: adding a wedge of lime or lemon
Brussel sprouts mix:
- Brussel sprouts cut in halves
- Asparagus cut into 3 sticks
- Green peppers cut into wedges
- A vegetable over the grill baske
- Serve grilled veggies as a side dish during a meal or as a snack.
- Grilling vegetables brings out the flavors of the vegetable, nature intended them to have.
- It keeps the vitamins in the vegetables to benefit from, and gives you many meal ideas day after day, anytime of day!
- One thing you always want to keep in mind when grilling veggies is that marinating them with butter or oil and whatever seasoning you choose will keep the veggie from sticking to the grill, or the barbecue over the grill pan.
- Remove the peel after it’s grilled and enjoy
- After years of entertaining and hearing compliments of how my family & guests have enjoyed my grilling, surprisingly the vegetables always seemed to be a hit along with the flavorful proteins of course.
- When preparing the vegetables for grilling simply marinate or rub each piece with butter or oil of choice and season simply with Pink Himalayan salt and pepper. You can add any spice you like after that but it is really a personal preference, and choosing complimentary flavors with whatever else you are serving. Some like to add garlic and something with a little fire to it like cayenne. If it’s an Italian meal you can sprinkle some basil or oregano. Sticking with the basics when it comes to vegetables on the grill is always delicious and works well with any main course.
- Always heat up your grill to medium-high heat and grill either directly on the grill or using a grill basket.
- Vegetables cook fairly quickly on the grill so keep an eye it.