Harlan Kilstein’s Completely Keto Bourbon And Lakanto Roast TurkeyPrint
- In a large Poultry baking bag, place the Orange extract and water, Bourbon, Lakanto, thyme, 1 1/2 tsps salt and 1 1/2 tsps black pepper and mix well.
- Add the turkey to the bag and shake around the juices so that the turkey will be well marinated.
- Place in refrigerator overnight
- Preheat oven to 325
- Place Turkey in a large roasting pan and pour the juices into a bowl and set aside
- Using 8 tbs of the butter or oil give a good rub to the entire turkey
- Tie the legs together with string
- Pour 1/2 cup of the set aside marinade into the roasting pan
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Baste the Turkey with the pan juices and add to the pan 1 cup of water
- Bake the Turkey for 1 more hour basting every 30 minutes
- Add the remaining marinade to the pan
- Cover the Turkey all around loosely and cook for around two hours Or using a poultry thermometer inserted in the thigh shows 165.
- When Turkey is golden and has reached desired temperature remove from oven and place on a platter and garnish with Rosemary sprigs.
- Pour the gravy into a large gravy boat and serve hot alongside your Turkey platter.