Harlan Kilstein’s Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (super fine)
- 1/4 cup coconut (flour)
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. heavy whipped (cream)
- 1 cup grass fed butter (2 sticks )
- 1 cup swerve (or xylitol sweetener)
- 1/2 cup lakanto golden (sweetener)
- 1 tsp. Rodelle vanilla (extract)
- 1/3 cup cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 cup pecans (broken )
- 1 cups Chocolate chips (Lilly’s )
- I prefer firm on the outside and soft on the inside. Soft cookies are my favorite.
Step One: Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
Step Two: Mix Ingredients
- Cream together butter, xylitol or swerve, and Lakanto golden.
- add heavy whipped cream and vanilla extract, baking soda
- add coconut flour
- add cocoa
- add almond flour 1/4 of a cup at a time and mix.
- stir in pecan pieces and chocolate chips.
- form 18 cookies
- Please note, in the summer refrigerate the dough for an hour or freeze it for a half-hour
Step Three: Bake
- Place in oven on greased cookie sheet
- Bake for only 8-10 minutes.
- The cookies should be perfect.
- Cool on a wire rack
- Hide cookies.
- Tell your family the cookies didn’t work. You’ll try again next time.
The balance of the two flours and the two sweeteners is important for consistency. If you have a nut allergy and use all coconut flour, it’s going to be dry. If you hate coconut and want to use all almond flour try adding an extra 1/4 cup. For best results, follow the recipe.