Harlan Kilstein’s Keto French Bread
Let me start out by saying, Keto French Bread is never going to be exactly like non-Keto French bread.
You see, gluten is what makes bread rise and gives it that chewy consistency. But do what I saw and you’ll find something coming close to what you remember.
Gluten-free bread also does not hold it’s shape (the gluten does that too.)
So if you want baguettes as I do. See what Pan I use below.
- In a bowl, beat eggs together with the cream cheese and melted butter until smooth.
- Add the ingredients until you have it resembles a dough. Let the dough sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Shape the dough or divide it into two rows of the baguette tray. Score the bread with your lame with diagonal slashes
- Wet the top of the dough with water. Lightly shape. Then sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Place in the oven and close the oven door. In 2 minutes open the oven door and toss in 4 ice cubes to bake with steam.
- In 10 minutes lower the temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until it turns color to light brown.
- Take the bread out of the oven and allow it to cool on its tray before slicing.
So if you want baguettes as I do.